3.09.2013

Spring is back... or not!


Well, yes, I know, it's been two months ... I do the best I can, huh ! Let me tell you that I have been busy lately, and I'm barely catching my breath after a week off before resuming the craziness...



So what's new? The weather has been delightful in recent months, with some particularly sunny and warm days. Of course, to balance it out, we still had a few days of blizzard, the last one yesterday!








Of course, I don't know much about all this because most of the time I'm stuck in my basement working like a dog... We started Shakespearean scenes, monologues first, then Twelfth Night ... a treat, but again a little rushed, since we're 17 and not ahead of other groups ... In short, we're quite exhausted ...


End of  weeks at the 1C's ....

... that does not prevent us from joking around !

It's always in speech class that things go crazy...


From top to bottom and left to right: Romeo and Juliet, As You Like It (notice the forest in the middle)
and Taming of the shrew ...

Of course, in addition to all this, as I am in the advanced dance class, I had five hours rehearsals on Sunday evenings to prepare for the dance presentation of the second year ... yay ...

Losing it at 22h ... pic by Kristin Guerin.



Classes are going well overall. I confess that I am too tired and too close to the work to have any insight. I don't really know whether I'm improving or not. Being back in a school setting is quite draining, people criticizing you everyday is not great for mental health ... and not really conducive to creativity. Of course, it is inevitable, but nevertheless hardly reconcilable with the inner freedom necessary for this kind of exploration...

What we hear ten times a day ...

Often it is difficult to see the "big picture", or feel on track .... Before Spring Break, I had reached that point:


Tired of fighting in Alan's class to connect to anything real and find myself constantly stopped by the "Mary Poppins syndrome "


Plagued by old injuries and having to constantly work around them and apologize to the dance teacher for not being able to do this or that, I felt a little like Lina:


In short, feeling dandy! But hey, the break has worked its magic, and after a short week of recovery and sleep, I am ready to roll, spirited and with a new motto:



Come what may, I'll just do my best and "hope for the best" as they say here ...

Before the break I had the pleasure to have a little taste of France in the person of Flannan who visited New York and with whom I spent delicious moments at 54 Below to see Brent Barrett in concert, and at home with his friend Myriam, where we feasted and watched TV in good couch potatoes that we are ...



A good preamble to the break that followed! The week was short, but I still had time to wander, to draw, to do some shopping (yarn!) and test my new camera, yay!








I also took the opportunity to make a trip to Ikea (yes, even here) to buy a bookcase, because my room was getting crowded with books ... It is a real adventure, because you have to take a boat to get there!





So .... I have a bit of energy to face the start of classes and the choice of songs for cabaret ... the thing is complicated by the fact that we are supposed to choose a song pre-1969 ... As you can imagine it makes me crazy and makes me want to shout:


But ... It's not as if this period lacked good composers... They don't call it the Golden Age for nothing!



Voila ... I leave you with a lovely New York morning: pancakes and pink clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment